Thursday, January 27, 2022
11:00-12:30 PM ET
Members: Free | Non-Members: $50
Log in to the CSE Portal to register
See below for detailed registration instructions.
Thanks to the generous sponsorship support from the American Geophysical Union, this webinar is free to all CSE members!
Citing software is developing as a common practice. Journals and editors need consistent guidance to provide authors. The FORCE11 Software Citation Implementation Working Group co-chairs will discuss the types of software citation, challenges, and recommended approaches. Panelists will also share their own experiences around software citation followed by a discussion.
- Learn about the work of the FORCE11 Working Group to develop best practices for authors and journals for software citation.
- Learn about publisher and journal guidance for authors, reviewers, and editors.
- Understand how publishers and journals can support software citation, at submission, reviewing, processing, and publication.
Shelley Stall, Senior Director, Data Leadership, American Geophysical Union
Neil P. Chue Hong, Director, Software Sustainability Institute, University of Edinburgh
Melissa Harrison, Group Team Leader, Literature Services, EMBL-EBI
Daniel S. Katz, Chief Scientist, NCSA; Associate Research Professor, CS, ECE, iSchool, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
August (Gus) Muench, Data Editor, Journals of the American Astronomical Society, American Astronomical Society
Jake Yeston, Editor, Science/AAAS
- Login to the CSE Portal
- In the top navigation, click Events and then click Upcoming Events
- On the next page, click on the Advanced Short Course
- On the next page, click the Registration link and follow the prompts to register