CSE members are associated with some of the most prestigious scientific journals in the world. Click here to browse the list.
New: Read the results of our recent CSE Member Benefits Survey [pdf] to see what members like best about CSE!
Who should join CSE?
You should, if you are an:
Editor-in-Chief – Associate Editor – Section Editor – Managing Editor – Copyeditor – Production Editor – Technical Editor – Publisher – Author – Author’s Editor – Freelancer – Science Writer – Indexer – Abstractor – Information Specialist – Science Librarian – Graphic Designer – Marketing Specialist – Publishing Systems Operator – Typesetter – Printer – Web/Social Media Editor
Why should you join CSE?
Membership helps you to establish contacts and create a personal network of active professionals with similar responsibilities and interests. Be involved in developing and delivering education and training activities for editors-in-chief and editorial staffs. Keep abreast of new standards, issues, and technologies that affect scientific publication.
What better way to share your experience and ideas with your peers, to increase your knowledge about any aspect of scientific editing and publishing, and to stay up-to-date on issues and trends in scientific editing and publishing?
Dues are just $205 for members anywhere in the world. The worldwide student rate is $25.
CSE membership is good for one year from January through December.
Member benefits include:
- An annual subscription to Science Editor, CSE’s quarterly journal
- Access to your fellow members through CSE’s website and membership directory
- Access to the CSE Listserv to communicate with members and colleagues on issues of interest to the field of science editing
- Ability to participate as a mentor/mentee in CSE’s Mentorship Program
- A member discount on the registration fee for the CSE Annual Meeting, which features plenary and concurrent sessions on all aspects of scientific publishing and communication
- A member discount on the registration fee for webinars on current topics and emerging issues
- A member discount on the registration fee for the popular Short Courses for Journal Editors, Manuscript Editors, and Managing Editors, Journal Metrics, and more, offered immediately before the Annual Meeting
- A range of opportunities to participate in the creation of editorial policies and standards. Contribute your editorial expertise through committee work for the CSE style manual Scientific Style and Format and the Editorial Policy Committee. Round out your activities by participating on other CSE committees, such as education, membership, program, and publications
All membership types include member rates to the Annual Meeting; publication discounts and discounted rates for the Classified ads.
Worldwide Member ($205/yr)
Membership includes full voting privileges for members anywhere in the world.
Worldwide Student Member ($25/yr)
Open to full-time students only; copy of enrollment certificate or student ID required with application form. Enjoy the benefits of a worldwide membership* plus two free webinars per year.
*Student members are not eligible to hold CSE office and receive digital-only access to Science Editor.
Emeritus Member ($85/yr)
Available to any member aged 65 years or older and will include all the benefits of FULL membership. (Must have been a member of The Council of Science Editors before you can be an Emeritus Member.)
NEW! Digital Associate ($75/yr)
Digital Associate membership provides online-only access to Science Editor, member discount on webinar registration, access to online resources, and ability to serve on committees and vote. Digital Associate membership does not provide discounts to the annual meeting or short courses. U.S. residents are ineligible for this membership.
Developing Country Member ($50/yr)
Available to any individual who resides in a developing country, as defined by inclusion in Band 1 or Band 2 of the current HINARI list, is eligible for this level of membership. Membership includes full voting privileges and subscription to the Science Editor (electronic version only).
Any organization, publication, or society interested in supporting the purposes and mission of the Council is eligible. All individual members of the group membership will receive the same benefits as a Worldwide Member. Click here to see the Group Memberships Definitions.
Council Contributor includes up to 5 members ($1,025/yr)
Council Supporter includes up to 15 members ($2,935/yr)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like more information on any of the resources, services, discounts, and career opportunities provided for all CSE members.