Who should join CSE?
You should if you are an:
Editor-in-Chief – Associate Editor – Section Editor – Managing Editor – Copyeditor – Production Editor – Technical Editor – Publisher – Author – Author’s Editor – Freelancer – Science Writer – Indexer – Abstractor – Information Specialist – Science Librarian – Graphic Designer – Marketing Specialist – Publishing Systems Operator – Typesetter – Printer – Web/Social Media Editor
Why should you join CSE?
Membership helps you to establish contacts and create a personal network of active professionals with similar responsibilities and interests. Be involved in developing and delivering education and training activities for editors-in-chief and editorial staffs. Keep abreast of new standards, issues, and technologies that affect scientific publication.
What better way to share your experience and ideas with your peers, to increase your knowledge about any aspect of scientific editing and publishing, and to stay up-to-date on issues and trends in scientific editing and publishing?
CSE Worldwide Member dues are just $215 for members anywhere in the world.
CSE membership is good for one year from January through December.
CSE Individual Membership Categories
Worldwide Member ($215/yr)
Membership includes full voting privileges for members anywhere in the world. Worldwide Member benefits include:
- An annual subscription to Science Editor, CSE’s quarterly journal
- Access to your fellow members through CSE’s website and membership directory
- Access to the CSE Listserv to communicate with members and colleagues on issues of interest to the field of science editing
- Ability to participate as a mentor/mentee in CSE’s Mentorship Program
- Worldwide member discount on the registration fee for the CSE Annual Meeting, which features plenary and concurrent sessions on all aspects of scientific publishing and communication
- Worldwide member discount on the registration fee for webinars on current topics and emerging issues
- Worldwide member discount on the registration fee for the popular Short Courses for Journal Editors, Manuscript Editors, Publications Ethics, Publication Management and the Advanced Course in Publication Management, offered in person or online
- Worldwide member discount to all other CSE in person or online events
- A range of opportunities to participate in the creation of editorial policies and standards. Contribute your editorial expertise through committee work for the CSE style manual Scientific Style and Format and the Editorial Policy Committee. Round out your activities by participating on other CSE committees, such as education, membership, program, and publications
Worldwide Flexible Membership ($159)
As previously announced, CSE is offering a flexible CSE Membership Package at $159 to new or renewing members. (We are calling this CSE’s Worldwide Flexible Membership.) This new membership package is a response to the unusual environment in which science editors are operating, providing incredible value to anyone eager to remain a CSE member despite experiencing a shift in personal, professional, or financial circumstances.
This special CSE membership package provides:
- eligibility to vote, run for office, and serve on CSE committees
- full Worldwide Membership discount to attend the CSE annual meeting (in-person or virtual)
- 10% discount on all other paid CSE events, webinars, and educational offerings
- access to your fellow members through CSE’s website and membership directory
- access to the CSE Listserv to communicate with members and colleagues on issues of interest to the field of science editing
- online-only access to Science Editor
- ability to participate as a mentor/mentee in CSE’s Mentorship Program
Worldwide Student Member ($25/yr)
Open to full-time students only; copy of enrollment certificate or student ID required with application form. Enjoy the benefits of a worldwide membership* plus two free webinars per year.
*Student members are not eligible to hold CSE office and receive digital-only access to Science Editor.
Emeritus Member ($85/yr)
Available to any member aged 65 years or older and will include all the benefits of Worldwide membership. (Must have been a member of The Council of Science Editors before you can be an Emeritus Member.)
Digital Associate ($75/yr)
Digital Associate membership provides online-only access to Science Editor, member discount on webinar registration, access to online resources, and ability to serve on committees and vote. Digital Associate membership does not provide discounts to the annual meeting or short courses. U.S. residents are ineligible for this membership.
Developing Country Member ($50/yr)
Available to any individual who resides in a developing country, as defined by inclusion in Band 1 or Band 2 of the current HINARI list, is eligible for this level of membership. Membership includes full voting privileges and subscription to the Science Editor (electronic version only).
CSE Group Memberships
Any organization, publication, or society interested in supporting the purposes and mission of the Council is eligible. CSE group membership is now expanded to 4 levels. Each individual member of the group receives Worldwide Member benefits and discounts, including eligibility to vote, hold office, and serve on CSE committees.
CSE Council Contributor up to 5 members $1,040
CSE Council Contributor II 6-10 members $2,070
CSE Council Supporter 11-15 members $3,125
CSE Council Supporter II 16-25 members $4,300
Click here to see the Group Memberships Definitions.
Contact us at [email protected] with questions or if you would like more information on any of the resources, services, discounts, and career opportunities provided for all CSE members.